The Bitters Quest, Side Mission: Brown Rose Derby

I heart Mariano's sometimes.  Today, I heart that store because fresh-squeezed juice you don't actually have to squeeze yourself.

I will post another update to my Bitters Quest, I promise.  I just wanted to share today's experiment, in which bitters feature prominently.



Brown Rose Derby

  • 1 oz. Koval Rosehip Liqueur
  • 1 1/2 oz. bourbon (I used, er, Koval.  I swear they're not paying me)
  • 6 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
  • Scrappy's cardamom bitters
  • Scrappy's grapefruit bitters (Scrappy's isn't paying me either)

    Pour liqueur and bourbon over ice in a highball, top with grapefruit juice.  Add a few dashes of cardamom bitters and douse liberally with grapefruit bitters.  


    Instead of a highball, you could class it up with a USA Hockey pint glass.

    Comments